Pets are a great source of companionship and joy for many individuals and families. In fact, scientific studies have confirmed that a companion animal like a cat or a dog has the following measurable benefits:
- Stress levels: Caring for a furry companion like a cat or dog can actually reduce our stress levels. This is especially beneficial for those with anxiety disorders, mental illnesses, or for the elderly.
- Depression: Just as general stress levels are reduced, companion animals are a real source of therapy for many individuals, and studies show that people who are suffering from depression have alleviated symptoms when they have a companion animal to care for and keep them company.
- Isolation: For the elderly, one of the most significant causes of depression is social isolation. Multiple health problems and living in a socially isolated environment can be a major cause of depression in the aged, but an affectionate and loving furry companion can offer relief from this emotional struggle.
In fact, science has also concluded that when dogs are given physical affection by humans, oxytocin is released into their bloodstream. This neurochemical causes a sense of relaxation and happiness as well as a greater level of emotional bonding. It is actually the same hormone that is released when a mother spends time with her newborn. Additionally, when we give affection to a dog, oxytocin is also released into our bloodstream, which means that we form a special emotional bond in return. The relationship between a dog and a human owner can thus be seen in the context of a parent and child, and makes this type of companionship very valuable.
Looking After Your Pet
Just as we get old and frail, so too do our companion animals. Pet owners understand the cost of vet bills and how stressful it is when their furry friends are sick. Unfortunately, some owners may need to choose between paying for utilities and paying the vet bill, with sometimes unfortunate outcomes. All of this stress can be avoided by investing in pet insurance from a reliable and reputable company.
So, what benefits does this type of insurance offer you? Consider the following benefits:
- Expenses: As your furry friend gets older, they will likely suffer from a range of ailments and illnesses, just as we do. This means that vet visits become more regular, and this affects our bank balance. By taking out insurance, you mitigate the cost of these vet bills.
- Peace of mind: Once you have chosen the right kind of insurance to cover your pet’s needs, you will rest easy knowing that your companion is looked after into the future.
Choosing the Right Kind of Insurance Company
There are a number of companies that offer insurance for your pet. Do some research and choose a company that is passionate about pets and their care, offers a variety of coverage options, and will be more than happy to answer any of your questions in a friendly and professional manner.