Where to Buy your Health Insurance?
If you are looking for a good health insurance plan, you can explore the online plans. Health insurance is widely available on the internet. There are many benefits of buying your health cover online as well. From making quick purchases to even paying less, the online health policies have a lot on offer. And since health insurance is so important, you must get yourself a comprehensive cover at the earliest.
Need of health insurance
So what exactly makes health insurance so necessary? Well, there isn’t one, but many reasons behind this:
- It covers your finances: Health care is extremely expensive these days. One stay at a hospital can shrink your bank balance considerably. And since certain health costs are unavoidable, you need a good health insurance cover to safeguard your finances. The health insurance plans compensate you for numerous illnesses, accidents, surgeries and other health problems. So go ahead and get health insurance if you haven’t done so already.
- It helps you to stay fit: Health insurance helps you to stay fit and prevent major illnesses from striking. Since most health plans cover OPD charges, diagnostic tests and preventive health checks, you can go in for regular screenings and stay fit in the long run.
- It helps you save tax: You can legally save tax when you buy health insurance. The premium you pay for your health plan is tax exempted. There are various other ways in which you can save tax with health insurance too. So explore your options and make a financial profit in the meanwhile.
- It makes you a responsible family person: As a responsible family person, it is your duty to keep your loved ones safe and healthy. You can buy the health insurance plans for the entire family and secure their health. This is an essential thing to do.
These are some of the main reasons why you need health insurance. And since most of them are logical, do consider getting a good health cover right away.
Risks Covered By Health Insurance
Now let us take a look at the common risks the health insurance plans cover:
- Hospitalisation: The hospitalisation costs you incur are covered under health insurance. So you can make a claim if you spend more than one night in a hospital.
- Accident: You don’t have to worry about being able to afford the best healthcare after getting involved in an accident – get admitted to a hospital of your choice and make a health insurance claim.
- Surgery: Most surgical procedures are also included in the health insurance plans. Check with your insurance provider before you get operated on to ensure the health cover is available.
- Preventive care: Preventive screenings, OPD costs and other diagnostic tests are usually covered under health insurance.
- Pre and post hospitalisation: If you need any medical assistance pre or post your hospitalisation, your health insurance plan will cover it.
- Critical illness: This is not covered in every health plan, but there are specific critical illness health insurance plans that offer a lump sum amount of money if you are diagnosed with a critical illness such as a stroke, heart attack, cancer, etc.
- Maternity: Some health insurance plans, after a waiting period, cover the maternity costs. There are specific maternity insurance plans that offer this special and exclusive cover too.
It is important to note here that every health insurance plan is different. The features of health insurance, while largely similar, do vary from policy to policy. It is therefore very important for you to compare the health insurance plans, read the policy wordings and see which plan offers what type of risk protection. Then, analyse your own needs and see which plan suits you the best.
The bottom line
So we saw, health insurance is crucial. You simply cannot afford to live without a proper health insurance cover in place. So get a health insurance policy today. Check out the online health insurance plans. The online plans, as mentioned above, are cheaper and easily accessible too. Run a comparison on Coverfox.com and see what options are available to you. Once that is done, choose a suitable cover for yourself and your whole family and stay protected.