What is the first thing that people think about when selling their house? An “open house”. Sadly, an open house is not the right choice for advertising your house. Open house tends to be hectic and poses many security concerns. When selling without a real estate agent, you need to be at the top of your game, to convince buyers that your house is a hot sell.
Yes, without an agent by your side, you will have to work more, but you do get the chance to engage with the buyers face to face and that gives you the advantage to assess their needs on a physical and emotional level. A real estate agent will be more concerned about making a profit rather than getting to know the buyer’s emotional needs. This gives you an edge over the real estate agent and makes you a better candidate for selling your own house. Following are some tips that will help you add a memorable and personal touch when selling your house privately:
What Is Private Selling?
Private selling is an option where you don’t involve a real estate agent and have control of everything from evaluating the asking price to signing the contracts. Many people forego the option to sell houses privately. This might be one of the biggest mistakes because selling privately gives you a lot of benefits, which include:
- No advertising fees or commission
- No middleman
- Personal interaction with the buyer
- Quick and profitable sale
- If the buyer backs out of the deal, you don’t have to pay a commission
- You can sell the property anyway you want
How to Give the House a Memorable and Personal Touch
The number one rule to follow when selling your house is to clean it from top to bottom. Buyers like to see how spacious the rooms are and that cannot be possible if your stuff is still there in the rooms. There are two tricks that you can try to sell your house:
- Decorate your house sparsely, starting with the bedroom. A bed covered with a duvet and piled with plush cushions and two side tables with a lamp on it. This is the classic look and allows buyers to picture what their furniture would look like in the same place. Think about a home décor magazine, how they artistically place the furniture to make the room look more appealing. All you need to do is remove clutter and keep the essentials in place.
- If you have decided to remove all your belongings and still want to give it a personal touch, then you can decorate it aesthetically by using wall and table frames, wall clocks, a table with pottery, bowls, flower vases or candles on it. These personalised branded merchandise and products will give the buyer a sense of how you’ve kept the house spick and span and well-maintained. It’s better to keep the curtains until the house is sold, as it gives the rooms a warm, homely look.
Try these two tricks and you will be able to sell your house easily without the help of a real estate agent. With so many options available on the internet, it has now become relatively easy to buy and sell a house in just a few hours, and that too, on your own.